* The strength of our nation lies with the individual and that each person's dignity, freedom, ability, in equal rights, equal justice, and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, sex, age.
*That free enterprise and the encouragement of individual initiative have brought this nation opportunity, economic growth, and prosperity.
* Government must practice fiscal responsibility and allow individuals to keep more of the money they earn.
*The proper role of government is to provide for the people only those critical functions that cannot be performed by individuals or private organizations, and that the best government is that which governs least.
* The most effective, responsible, and responsive government is government closest to the people.
* Americans must retain the principles that have made us strong while developing new and innovative ideas to meet the challenges of changing times.
* Americans value and should preserve our national strength and pride, while working to extend peace, freedom, and human rights throughout the world.
*The Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful principles of government.